How We Got Here, and Where Next?
Developing the plan can take between 12 and 48 months.
The key steps in the process are:
- Approval to undertake the plan.
- Approval and community notification to undertake the plan.
- Establish a steering committee and working groups
- Background information: The policies and recommendations in the plan will be evidence based. This process will involve looking at the parish past, current and future to build a picture of where we have been, where we are now and where we are likely to be in the future.
- Gathering the views of the community: The most critical part of the plan; engaging the community through surveys, attendance at events and workshops and finally, the Referendum.
- Preparing the draft plan.
- Consultation and submission of draft Plan (Regulation 14)
- Independent Examination – with a consultation period (Currently to be determined). Once the Examination process is complete, the Plan will have to be approved by AVBC.
- Final Stage - Referendum and Adoption in Spring 2020...